Friday, December 11, 2015

Virtual vs real sports


             Virtual vs. real sports

We have to write something about the topic we presented to the class.  I chose to write on the differences between the virtual sports and real world sports.  So below is my observation.    
I have been a sports player and a sports fan for the most of life.  With the busy school and work schedule I don’t get to play sports anymore so I just bought a Xbox Kinect to play a few sports.
In Real World Sports, you are who you are with your physical limitations.  There is so much you can do to improve and eventually your genetics will come into play. 
In Digital Sports, you can create a real bada** avatar of yourself .  You can be leaner, meaner, bigger and souped up version of yourself.  You can even change your gender if you like. 
I tear down the lanes like a champion when I do Xbox Kinect bowling, but in real life I end up in gutter more often than I like to admit.
I did well in playing digital tennis and real life tennis but almost forgot that you have to pick your own balls in real life.
Soccer is a fun game.  I grew up playing that game almost every day.  I absolutely loved it.   The only difference I found is that on the pitch in real life getting hit hurts and your body gets sore. 
Climbing on Xbox Kinect is fun and challenging.  You can reach soaring heights with breathtaking backdrops, all without the fear of wind and heights.   But the difference in real life is that, there is actual heights involved and I am really petrified of heights.
In track and field, I used to always win gold medals and break world records in this but I realized that  my skill level was set to easy. 
So my conclusion is that virtual sports are fun and interactive.  Almost anyone can join and play.  They are safer and pose no physical harm or injury to the player in comparison to the real sports and a perfect way to start people to dance and exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment