Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Three things I would not buy online


Online shopping has made our life very convenient, but here is a list of three things I wouldn’t buy online.

Amazon and some other websites offer grocery shopping but I wouldn’t buy online groceries, specifically produce.  One of my friends worked as a personal shopper for an online grocery store.  They had to follow the policy of picking up the items that are about to expire soon instead of a late expiration date.  For example, if you place an online order of meat and bread, they would pick up the ones that would be expiring in 2-3 days vs the ones expiring in 8-10 days.  This wouldn’t happen to me if I were shopping in a real grocery store.  I would always pick my grocery items with latest vs the earliest expiration date.
You live and you learn.  That’s what comes to my mind when I think about online shopping for clothes.  You cannot try out the clothes for size or feel the material that suits you.  I once bought a shirt online that looked great but caused an allergic reaction.  I got a horrible rash on my skin after wearing that shirt.  The online store only specified it as blended material shirt but not how much.   That shirt had more polyester and synthetics than cotton.  Another time I changed size more than once, either due to being a little too big or too small.  I have not shopped for my clothes online since then.

I would not buy a car online.  You need to test drive it before investing huge money in your car.  I recently bought a car from a dealership and was able to get it two thousand dollars cheaper than their online listed price.  You cannot negotiate with a website.   

 

        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment